- To lead the Maritime industry in the development, promotion, and implementation of standardized craft training processes.
- To fund the development of and establish a foundation for a formal workforce development system for the maritime industry by developing standardized curriculum for three crafts—Shipfitting, Pipefitting, and Electrical
- To establish a means to sustain and expand the system to include all shipbuilding and repair production crafts.
- Establish an industry-wide, comprehensive, standardized, training, credentialing system for the Maritime workforce
- Develop a pipeline of skilled craft professionals trained and credentialed through an industry-driven, uniform process
- Improve outcomes for the maritime industry by developing better skilled, safer, more productive workforce